Sunday 2 September 2012

Video | Biogas Plant

Biogas Plant Videos

Plastic Dome Biogas Plant

In this video man collecting the animal dung and adding some water and put in to plastic dome like bio gas plant and he showing stove where gas burns



Biological. West material i.e caw dung , vegetable west , food west as well agriculture west converted in to high pressure biogas. In absence of oxygen this process is accrue and biological partial converted in to high quality CH4 ( methane gas) generally it called BIOGAS.

Video 2
Storing biogas in a plastic trash bag



Description
I don't know why I didn't do this before. It simplifies things significantly. I had seen old black and white photos from China from the 60s and 70s where farmers stored biogas in large plastic bags in the rafters of their barns, but had chosen the path of trying to build hard tank gas holders. A case of over engineering and a lack of confidence in the safety of biogas I think. Or sheer stupidity. I had built Salchica plastic bag bio-digesters with Yair Teller and Beverly Goodman and Ilona Muallam and others at the Arava institute of Environmental Studies in Israel and visited Dominic Wanjahia's Simply Logic plastic biodigesters in Kenya so I was very familiar with the principle, but I ended up buying expensive robust plastic and PVC material (pond liner grade stuff) because I was going to use it for both the digester and the gas storage and knew it had to be strong enough to last. But today I reasoned "wait a minute -- I have my IBC tanks to make the biogas, I just need a simpler way to store it and pressurize it." And voila, a simple plastic garbage bag with a tank adapter and a valve, sealed with duct tape, using a blanket or throw rug for the pressure, does the trick. Simple and elegant and cheap, it obviates the need for a floating tank or other kind of storage system. Go on and try this one at home! I got 20 minutes of cooking from a single trash bag -- enough to make two bowls of soup.

Video 3

Biogas Plant Experiment